09 May 2007
balloon head
back after a busy day, with a swollen head....2 compliments in one day. No, not"Why, Miss Jones, but... you're beautiful..." The time for that is, if not long gone, then certainly autrefois. But at my French cours, a pretty intensive language course held by a superb, energetic teacher of a foreign language, Marie Delaye, I was kept back to be told I had made the most progress of all her students at level4 that year. Wow! It was worth mastering the subjunctive& reading le Fig to understand the election. Here I am in my fimtyumph decade, longing to please the teacher & chuffed to bits when I do!And this morning's teacher, Christine the line-dancing queen, earned my undying devotion by including me in her teacher's pet-quick-learners group & teaching us a faster, more complex dance than the rather dull stomp & scuffs we've been doing. In celebratory mood, & having forgotten to defrost some pastry before my late return from class, I nearly suggested we went out to eat - it is a blessed evening of calm sauternes sunshine - but wiser caution & the remembrance of the bank account prevailed.Tomorrow it's back to the decorating, 2 rooms to finish by June, & you know what they say about the bloke who invented decorating...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment