Last night was my Line-Dance group's 4th July picnic. We arrived late, as per, (yesterday was stone picking and earth-moving where the roofer's Caterpillar had left grooves in the grass, it was in the shade so we did it in preference to laying concrete, then we needed showers, we couldn't have got there any sooner...). We staggered in with the Lakeland picnic bag and a Lidl carrier bag full of burgers, coleslaw, fruit salad and beer. Why does one hugely over-cater for picnics and barbeques? Somehow, in between 'Doctor, Doctor', 'Red Hot Rock 'n' Roller' and 'Beer for my Horses' I managed to eat some of it and drink a bottle of wine.
Not wise.
P, given the simple task of taking a few pics, was either outside at the picnic tables in the cool evening air, supping ale, or inside, with his back firmly to the action, (my best exposition of 'Chill Factor') and the camera switched off, nattering to Chris Wild about restaurants. Oh well.
The week has been busy with end-of-term French lessons preceded by French lunches, seriously interfering with our preparations for the Wedding, or, more importantly, the Visitation afterwards of the wedded pair, enfant, other in-laws, before which I have a flurry of cooking and cleaning tasks to complete. I am now working to a time-table for a 16- day countdown. But with a clear week ahead, I now think we'll make it.
Speak soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment